Engine Order Telegraph, Brelco Co., circa early 1900's
Here is a Engine Order Telegraph made by Brelco Co. 55 VanDam St, out of new York. She's been fully restored by our artisans and we added a custom base hardwood base with appropriate brass acorn nuts for mounting. She rings the engine commands loud and clear.
A marine signaling equipment manufacturer in lower Manhattan during the early 20th century, Brelco was represented by Benjamin B. Green, Abraham Sereysky, Esq., and Herman Schultz. Portable megaphone sets, portable lifeboat transmitting sets, engine order telegraphs and other electronic marine communication and signaling equipment were of significant variety in the Brelco manufacture and supply catalog.
Appears Brelco Marine occupied offices at 55 Vandam St. until 1945 with representation in San Francisco and Seattle simultaneously. During the war, Brelco hired women for electrical wiring and machine training.